Many weather services, one bright engine
EasyWeather 1.4 is a lightweight and versatile jQuery plugin displaying weather information for any location.
Its compact size and numerous options make it perfectly suitable for providing local weather information in portals, websites, blogs and apps.
How it works
EasyWeather is an amazing plugin that unifies different weather sources in one tiny widget.
It currently works with 2 weather providers but it is designed to work with an unlimited
number of sources. It implements a cascading fallback mechanism ensuring data is retrieved even if
a provider is down or the consumer itself is throttled by a service. If the first provider fails to
return the requested information, EasyWeather will contact the next one to maximise the availability
of the service. EasyWeather’s engine uses the same mechanism to detect users location and it
currently supports 2 different geolocation services.
- It supports the following weather providers:
- And the following Geolocation services:
- Up to 10 days weather forecast depending on service
- Custom location search bar
- Units selection: Celsius/Fahrenheit and Kmph/Miles
- Caching mechanism based on:
- HTML 5 local storage or
- Pure client-side solution, no particular server-side technology required, no proxy page
- 10 predefined themes
- Templates and CSS styles fully customisable
- Callbacks, custom events and delegates for most actions
- Easy to install
- Extensive documentation
EasyWeather can be previewed here.
- Decommissioned legacy weather and geo-location data providers
- Added support for Weather API data providers
- Added ipinfo.io geolocation provider
- Forecast.io API now supports only HTTPS calls, updated logic accordingly
- Bug fix for location searches yielding one result with Yahoo provider
v1.2 comes with the following changes:
- Added Forecast.io weather data provider
- Added showRegion option for displaying the region or state of resolved location
- Updated the documentation
- language support for weather condition labels (detailLabels option)
- replaced MaxMind GeoIP2 geolocation provider (free version discontinued) with Telize GeoIP service
- updated the samples file
v1.0 widget launch
If you purchase this plug-in, don’t forget to rate it